The Faculty of Education in Sarajevo is the oldest higher education institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina and. It was founded after the Second World War on 16 July 1946.
Until 1969 it had the higher school status. In 1969 it was transformed into the Pedagogical Academy. In the year 1999/2000, the first generation of students was enrolled in the four-year studies at the Pedagogical Academy. The Pedagogical Academy was been transformed into the Faculty of Pedagogy on 27 April 2009.
The Faculty of Pedagogy operates as a four-year studies higher education institution in accordance with the contemporary global educational tendencies, the European standards in the education of educators and the Bosnia and Herzegovina’s developmental needs, as well as its indigenous cultural values.
By the end of academic 2015/2016, 11,836 students graduated from the Faculty of Pedagogy.
The Faculty of Pedagogy provides various forms of lifelong education in the field of preschool education, class teaching, culture of life and technical education, special education, rehabilitation and inclusion in order to improve the quality of educational work in the reformed elementary school.
Four year studies Departments Occupation title
Preschool upbringing Bachelor of pre-school education
Classroom teaching Bachelor of classroom teaching
Culture of Living and Technical Education bachelor of culture of living and technical education with informatics
Education and Rehabilitation Bachelor of Education and Rehabilitation
What after completing studies?
The completed first cycle of studies enables successful acting in the preschool education, class teaching, culture of life and technical education with informatics and education and rehabilitation based on the acquired competences that include:
- training for satisfying the contemporary needs of preschool education, classroom teaching, inclusive processes, the culture of life, technical education and informatics, and the interdependence of different phases of the educational process,
- knowledge of developmental characteristics of early education students,
- understanding the developmental characteristics of students in classroom teaching,
- understanding and knowledge of the educational process in the classroom,
- satisfying contemporary needs and the interdependence of different stages of the educational process in the culture of life field, technical education and informatics,
- presentation of contemporary trends in the teaching process of the culture of life, technical education and informatics,
- training to understand the needs of individualizing and differentiating the work programs with children with disabilities,
- understand the roles, responsibilities and competencies of each member of the team involved in working with children with disabilities,
- knows the typical cognitive, social, emotional, physical development of children, and recognizes deviations from typical development.
Study pattern: 4 + 1 + 3
Departments: Preschool education
Culture of living and technical education
Education and Rehabilitation
Address: Skenderija St, 72