Why choose studying at the Faculty of Educational Sciences?
The Faculty of Educational Sciences in Sarajevo is the oldest higher education institution in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It was founded after the Second World War on July 16th 1946.
Until 1969 it had a college status. In 1969 it was transformed into the Pedagogical Academy. In the year 1999/2000, the first generation of students was enrolled in the four-year studies at the Pedagogical Academy. The Pedagogical Academy was transformed into the Faculty of Pedagogy on 27 April 2009.
The Faculty of Pedagogy operates as a four-year study higher education institution following contemporary global tendencies in education, the European standards in the education of educators and the Bosnia and Herzegovina’s developmental needs, as well as its indigenous cultural values.
More than 12,000 students graduated from the Faculty of Educational Sciences.
The Faculty of Educational Sciences provides various forms of lifelong education in the field of pre-school education, class teaching, the culture of living and technical education, special education, rehabilitation and inclusion in order to improve the quality of educational work in the reformed elementary school.
What after completing the studies?
The completed 1st cycle of studies enables successful task-completion in the process of pre-school education, class teaching, the culture of living, technical education with informatics and education and rehabilitation based on the acquired competences that include:
- training to meet the contemporary needs of pre-school education, classroom teaching, inclusive processes, the culture of living, technical education and informatics, and the interdependence of different stages of the educational process,
- knowledge of the developmental characteristics of early school children,
- understanding the developmental characteristics of students in classroom teaching,
- understanding and knowledge of the educational process in the classroom,
- satisfying the contemporary needs and interdependence of different stages of the educational process in the field of culture of living, technical education and informatics,
- presentation of contemporary trends in the teaching process of the culture of living, technical education and informatics,
- training to understand the needs of individualising and differentiating programmes of work with children with disabilities,
- understanding the role, responsibilities and competence of each team member involved in working with children with disabilities,
- knowledge of the typical cognitive, social, emotional and physical development of children and recognising deviations from typical development.
Years of study: 4 + 1 + 3
- Pre-School Education
- Classroom Teaching
- Culture of Living and Technical Education
- Education and Rehabilitation
Address: Skenderija St. No. 72
Tel.: +387 33 214 607