The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering through dynamic, interdisciplinary curricula strives to provide students with quality education, interesting research programs, cooperation with foreign universities, institutes and business entities. Due to the very complex structure of the field of mechanical engineering, studies at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering are organized in departments in the course of which introduction of specific research disciplines is gradually introduced. The first cycle of studies enables students to work independently, however basic knowledge and expertise are needed for further studies. After the completion of two years of joint education, students can choose to study at the following departments:
- Department of Machine Manufacturing Engineering
- mechanical engineering course
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
- industrial engineering course
- Department of Energy, Process Engineering environmental engineering;
- energy course
- process engineering course
- Department of wood technology processing
- wood technology course
- Motor Vehicles Department
- vehicle engines course
- Defense Technologies Department
- technology course
- Mechanical Structures Department
- machine structure course
What after completing studies?
After the first cycle of studies (3 years), the professional title of Baccalaureate-Engineer of mechanical engineering is obtained with a taken course indication.
By completing the 1st cycle of studies students receive:
- knowledge of the basic scientific and mathematical principles needed by the mechanical engineers of all orientations,
- ability of basic engineering analysis with application of acquired knowledge in the sense of identification, analysis, formulation and solving of engineering problems,
- the ability of the engineering design of machine components to understand the methodology of the CAD tools and design,
- the ability to research literature, select appropriate experimental methods of their performance, and collect data collection and conclude,
- basic experience in engineering practice with the ability to choose and use equipment, tools and methods, combining theory and practice to solve the engineering problem.
After the second study cycle (2 years), a graduate is awarded the title of Master of Mechanical Engineering – Graduated mechanical engineer with a taken course indication.
After the end of the 2nd cycle of studies, one receives knowledge and skills required to work on:
- designing a logistics system and various technological processes, automation, robotization of production;
- areas of design, maintenance, technology; ammunition integration;
- energy, process technology, KGH and environmental engineering;
- designing, controlling technological processes and quality for all types of wood products;
- construction of internal combustion motors, energy processes in internal combustion motors and motors for vehicles;
- detailed static and dynamic analysis and synthesis of mechanical constructions, the application of computers in design and methods of calculation.
For further improvement and training, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering offers the third cycle, after which the scientific title of Doctor of Technical Sciences in the field of mechanical engineering is obtained.
Study pattern: 3+2+ 3
Mechanical Production Engineering (with two directions in the second cycle of studies: production technologies, automation and robotics and mechatronics in mechanical engineering)
Industrial Engineering and Management
Energy, Process Engineering and Environmental Engineering (with four directions: energy, air conditioning, heating and cooling, process engineering and environmental engineering)
Engines and Vehicles
Address: Vilsonovo šetalište 9
Phone: 033 729-800